We were fortunate to have the excellent work of the Camden Historical Society and Camden RSL Sub Branch to base our street names on. During the approval process, Camden Council asked if we had informed the families of these diggers of our intention to name streets after their forebears.
After checking with the Camden RSL Sub Branch we became aware that after so many years, we didn’t have any way of knowing if the families of these service men and women were still in the area. We simply had no way of contacting them, despite the excellent research work of the Camden Historical Society and the RSL Sub Branch.
Greenfields Development Company is now seeking any relatives of the servicemen and women listed below.
Greenfields Development Company Marketing Manager, Jeff Boulous said “If you are related to any of the diggers listed below or know of them, we encourage you to come forward and we will be happy to show you the street we have named after your digger.”
Oran Park Town reminds residents that Camden RSL Sub Branch runs our local Anzac Day Commemorations and the details are available here.
Anyone with information is welcome to contact Oran Park Town on 9043 7500.
There is more detailed information on the Camden Remembers website here:
Streets have been named after the following people.
Back to main News
- John Butler Allen (Bringelly)
- Leonard John Banfield (Cobbitty)
- William Burrough (Yerranderie)
- Hilton John Chesham (lived in Murray St. Camden)
- Fred Ditzell (Born in Camden)
- William Robert Dugay (Douglas Park)
- John Francis Dunstan (Summer Hill)
- Henry Arthur Eade (Camden)
- Bert Gale (Casula)
- Arthur James Genner (Camden, Casula)
- William Charles Ledwell (The Oaks)
- Henry Charles Lillywhite (Camden)
- William Calbraith Livesey (Camden)
- Ross Loveday (Bangalow)
- Arthur Peter McEvoy (The Oaks)
- Reginald P. S. McKervey (Camden)
- Archibald McGibbon McLaurin (Camden)
- William James Peckham (Cobbity)
- Eustace Clavil Peverell (Randwick)
- Allan C. P. Richmond (Bringelly)
- William George Rodwell (Yerranderie)
- David Rowan (Yerranderie)
- Arthur Henry Ryder (Camden)
- Harold Lancelot Stevens (The Oaks)
- Cyrill John Stoneham (Narellan)
- Bruce Stratton (Cawdor)
- Frederick George Toovey (Burragorang)